This is new to me but so glad Weaver House sent this along in their newsletter this week!
October 25-27, 2021
The 26th Annual Weaving History Conference is excited to invite you to this year’s virtual conference! We have a fabulous lineup of speakers in store, presenting on a wide range of fascinating topics, which you can take a look at in the list below.
2021 Presentations [not exhaustive]
- Lou Tate and The Little Loom House, Philis Alvic
- Southern Counterpanes: Dimity, Honeycomb, Huck, Patricia Donald
- The Fascinating Life of Mary Meigs Atwater, Karen Donde
- Christian King and His Brothers: Weavers in the Southern Pennsylvania Coverlet Tradition, Pat Hilts
- Doctoral Dissertation Research: Ethnography of Contemporary Weaving Practices in the United States: An Exploration of Social Aspects of Creativity, Women’s Activities, and Aging, Kaori Chen
- The Abbot Worsted Company, Penny Lacroix
- Deciphering the Textile Layer of Historic Paintings, Helena Loermans
- Exploration of the Relationship of the Christian King’s Float Work Pattern Drafts with Other Manuscripts, Gay McGeary
Deadline to register: October 20